- Oatmeal Desserts
- Yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Holly's Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies are a quick, sweet and decadent treat. Substitute any "organic" or "natural" ingredients with name brand quality products and the recipe will taste great and be healthier for you, too!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 stick of butter (do not use a butter substitute)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup peanut butter (spreadable brands like Skippy™ natural work best).
- 1 teaspoon "real" vanilla
- 3 cups Holly's Au Natural Gluten Free or Wickedly Plain Oatmeal
- In a large saucepan (or double boiler), add the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk and cook at a medium heat.
- Make sure to stir frequently to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, begin to add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Add vanilla first. Then alternate between peanut butter and oatmeal.
- Once all of the ingredients are added, let cook on medium low for three minutes. Don't put too much oatmeal in at once, as you will want the oatmeal to cook slightly (it will continue to cook as the cookies set).
- Let cool in pan for six minutes.
- Then drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, on waxed paper or a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Let sit until the cookies are cool and hardened.